ExtraFood is hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant!
Founded in 2013, ExtraFood.org’s mission is to help end hunger and food waste in Marin County, California. Our first step is our county-wide food recovery program: we pick up donations of excess fresh food from Marin businesses/organizations and immediately deliver the food to nonprofit recipient organizations that serve Marin’s most vulnerable children, adults, and families.
This entry-level position provides administrative support to ExtraFood’s staff: generating and posting regular and spontaneous correspondence; data entry; ordering supplies; answering phone and email inquiries; supporting occasional events; and performing other office-related tasks that are typical in a start-up environment. Reporting to the Executive Director, this is a part-time, non-exempt, 10-hour-per-week position, mostly based in our Kentfield office. At least 5 of the 10 hours will be on Thursdays, with the schedule for the remaining 5 hours negotiable on a week-by-week basis. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, personable, excellent at multi-tasking, resourceful, and engaged with our mission.
1. Generate quarterly and spontaneous reports by extracting data from ExtraFood’s Salesforce database, gathering input from staff, and editing an Adobe InDesign template.
2. Generate and send fundraising correspondence based on input from Executive Director.
3. Enter data on new volunteers, food donors, and recipients into ExtraFood’s database and iCloud Contacts, ensuring all staff are up-to-date on these contacts.
4. Monitor supply levels and order supplies for office and volunteers.
5. Answer general inquiries about ExtraFood per staff’s requests.
6. Support occasional events as needed, sending invitations, managing attendee check-in, reserving facilities, ordering food and drink, and related tasks.
Required skills/experience include:
- 2 years administrative support experience or equivalent, with reference(s)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a staff team
- Fluent with a variety of Mac software products including Word, Excel, Web browsers, and email programs
- Bachelor’s degree
The following skills/experience are a plus:
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or equivalent experience
- Salesforce or other database experience
- Mail merge experience
Marv Zauderer, Executive Director, Marv@ExtraFood.org