Office Administrator, ExtraFood.org (half-time)
Founded in 2013, ExtraFood.org’s mission is to help end hunger and wasted food in Marin County, California. Our first step is our county-wide food recovery program: we pick up donations of excess fresh food from Marin businesses and schools and immediately deliver the food to nonprofit recipient partners – such as senior centers, homeless shelters, and after-school programs – serving Marin’s most vulnerable children, adults, and families. In 4 years, our staff and volunteer team have organized, recovered, and delivered 1,700,000 pounds of food – 1,200,000 meals – from 200+ food donors to 100 sites across Marin, reaching more than 6,000 people every month. ExtraFood is the most recent winner of CVNL’s Heart of Marin Achievement in Nonprofit Excellence award.
- an organization dedicated to exemplary service to each other, our partners, and the people we are serving together
- a place where we get lots of things done, every hour and every day, and have a real sense of the difference we are making in our community
- a collaborative, fast-paced, quickly-growing team
For more information: www.extrafood.org
This position, reporting to the Executive Director, ensures ExtraFood’s office administration runs smoothly and efficiently. It provides crucial administrative support to ExtraFood’s staff: assisting with posting the weekly food trip schedule; generating reports; authoring and sending correspondence; entering data; managing content; ordering supplies; supporting occasional events; and performing other administrative tasks that are typical in a start-up environment. This is a non-exempt, 20-hour-per-week position based in our Kentfield office. 10 of the 20 hours are on Thursdays and Fridays, with the schedule for the remaining hours negotiable. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, personable, accustomed to maintaining high work standards, fluent with technology, and engaged with our mission.
1. Assist Operations staff with preparing weekly delivery schedule and volunteer newsletter.
2. Generate quarterly reports by extracting data from ExtraFood’s Salesforce database, gathering content from staff, editing report templates, and producing final reports.
3. Enter data on ExtraFood’s deliveries, new volunteers, food donors, and recipients into ExtraFood’s database, iCloud Contacts, and website. Manage process to keep volunteer and partner paperwork current.
4. Name and file incoming photos in online photo library.
5. Assemble fundraising/press collateral and send fundraising correspondence as needed.
6. Monitor supply levels and order supplies for office and volunteers as needed.
7. Support occasional events as needed.
Required skills/experience include:
- 2 years administrative support experience or equivalent
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with high standards for work quality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a staff team
- Fluent with a variety of Mac software products including Word, Excel, Web browsers, and email programs
- 2 professional references
The following skills/experience are preferred:
- Salesforce or other database experience
- Mail merge experience
The following skill/experience is a plus:
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or equivalent experience
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
- 401K plan, Sick leave
- The feeling of making a difference in our community every day
Please email a cover letter summarizing your interest in the position and your experience, plus your resumé, to:
Marv Zauderer, Executive Director, Marv@ExtraFood.org