Misunderstanding Date Labels on Food Can Create Needless Waste
February 06, 2019
Wondering how long food items last past the often-confusing "use-by", "sell-by" and "best-by" dates?
- The USDA has guidelines and a handy app for your iPhone or Android phone here.
- Our friends at SaveTheFood.com have a great guide to those dates here and a guide to storing food here.
- The Natural Resources Defense Council explains in this article how confusing dates on food leads to waste and provides this infographic on organizing your refrigerator to reduce waste.
- This brief video from the Wall Street Journal provides good information on date labels.
- The Washington Post has an excellent, brief article here.