You Can Help Get Fresh Food To Neighbors In Need
April 14, 2022
As food prices rise, and food scarcity on shelves worsens, tens of thousands of people right here in Marin County are struggling to put food on the table. Seniors living on a fixed income are being forced to choose between healthy food and the medicine they need. Working families who are already struggling to make ends meet are seeing their monthly food budgets stretching to the point of breaking.
ExtraFood is responding to this rising need by expanding our food recovery work to support the most vulnerable children, families and seniors in our community with fresh, nutritious food. As a nonprofit organization that is funded 100% by donations, we rely on your support to fuel the important work being done every day of the year by our small but mighty staff and our huge coalition of volunteers, food donors and community food distribution partners.
Even with the 8,500 people in need who receive nourishing food from ExtraFood each month and the tons of food that ExtraFood keeps out of the landfill, we still have far more requests for food than we can supply and there is still so much food being wasted.
With your gift this year, ExtraFood will:
- Increase equitable access to healthy, fresh food
- Expand the reach of our food recovery program by signing up 50 new food donors
- Launch our gleaning program with Share the Bounty and rescue local fruit from spoiling on the ground
- Prevent nearly 500 tons of fresh food from being thrown into the trash
- Deliver the equivalent of over 800,000 meals to our neighbors who are food-insecure
Your donation will help ExtraFood respond to the growing needs of so many in our community and help ensure that no one struggling with hunger is left behind during these difficult times.
And when you make a gift by April 30th your donation will be doubled!
From all of us at ExtraFood – thank you!