How We’re Different
ExtraFood is solving hunger differently:
- Leading a movement to transform Marin's food system: from wasting food to donating it
- Sharing the abundant resources of our community -- high-quality fresh food and 60,000 hours of volunteer time so far -- with our community
- Using our nimble model to harness the power of our community and respond quickly to the most urgent of needs during disasters and crises
- Using the excess capacity of restaurants and caterers to give freshly-made meals -- some made with rescued ingredients -- to people in need
- Expanding our county-wide food recovery coalition as a renewable, long-term resource for Marin
ExtraFood was founded on a vision:
- A vision of food justice: That everyone, everyone in our community should have the food they need.
- A vision of climate action: That food waste and its massive harm to our planet must end.
- And a vision of community: that by building a living, growing coalition of people and partners, we can get there.
Food waste and hunger, in Marin, are solvable problems.